vrijdag 30 mei 2014

Have companies a responsibility for charity?

Last month I had a discussion with a friend of mine about organization’s responsibility for charity. He was very tenacious that a company has to focus on their business and don’t ask employees to do some social events together. I really had not taken a position. I've been doing a lot of volunteering for a lot of years. I supported the activities of my previous employer, but I never participated with social group activities.

Coincidence or not? Last week my current employer organized a social group event. We went with forty colleagues to a retirement village. We had met the target to give the elderly a great afternoon with a walk around, making some tea and organizing a bingo with a lottery. I never organized or even experienced bingo, but it became three amazing hours to do that. We had organized the bingo and lottery for more than eighty people and there were a lot of prizes.

My biggest insight was, that it feels very good to help the elderly with my colleagues. We feel that we can really help them. My opinion about social activities became stronger. It’s important to give something back to the community together. Let’s give it a try!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten